The Cottage House Museum


The Marguerite Rogers House Museum, built by John G. Slover in the early 1900's, is located at 113 East Dumble in Alvin, Texas. In 1938 James A. and Marguerite Rogers bought the house. The Rogers' daughter, Emaline, bequeathed the property to the Alvin Museum Society in 1995. The Society restored the home and named it Marguerite Rogers House Museum, in honor of Emaline's mother.

About Us
The Marguerite Rogers House Museum is owned and operated by the Alvin Museum Society. Tours of The Cottage and Grounds are conducted by Docents by reservation only. Please call 281-331-4469 for information.

The Cottage House Museum is located at 113 East Dumble, Alvin, Texas. Admission is $3.00; for children under 12 the tour is free. Proceeds are used for maintaining The Cottage.

For more information call 281-585-2803 or email:

Home (AMS)  |   The Cottage House Museum  |   Alvin Historical Museum

Alvin Historical Museum Gift Shop  |   Contact Us

Sunday, February 27, 2011

"Potpourri of Needlework"

The House Museum is hosting a new temporary exhibit, "Potpourri of Needlework." Featured is a collection of needlepoint, smocking, tatting, samplers, crochet, and lace. Included among the items are vintage patterns, antique items, and a yo-yo quilt. The exhibit will be on display through May.

The House Museum is located at 113 E. Dumble, Alvin, and open from 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays, and the first Saturday of the month. Admission is $3.00. Proceeds are used to maintain the property. For more info., call 281.585.2803.