The Cottage House Museum


The Marguerite Rogers House Museum, built by John G. Slover in the early 1900's, is located at 113 East Dumble in Alvin, Texas. In 1938 James A. and Marguerite Rogers bought the house. The Rogers' daughter, Emaline, bequeathed the property to the Alvin Museum Society in 1995. The Society restored the home and named it Marguerite Rogers House Museum, in honor of Emaline's mother.

About Us
The Marguerite Rogers House Museum is owned and operated by the Alvin Museum Society. Tours of The Cottage and Grounds are conducted by Docents by reservation only. Please call 281-331-4469 for information.

The Cottage House Museum is located at 113 East Dumble, Alvin, Texas. Admission is $3.00; for children under 12 the tour is free. Proceeds are used for maintaining The Cottage.

For more information call 281-585-2803 or email:

Home (AMS)  |   The Cottage House Museum  |   Alvin Historical Museum

Alvin Historical Museum Gift Shop  |   Contact Us

Sunday, December 12, 2004

More on "Toys of Olde" Exhibit

The "Toys of Olde Exhibit" at The Cottage features toys from 1910 through 1970. There are several "pop-up" books and a Big Little Book plus a wooden jigsaw puzzle all from the 1930's. The faded red 1910 tricycle is in good condition. Also, included are an iron stove with pots and a spelling book from 1908-1915. There's a child's wicker rocker, ca 1929 and a child's metal cabinet, ca 1950 along with many other interesting items. Of special interest is a yellow wooden duck made in 1919 by Hugh Slover.

Photos can be seen at the Cottage Museum Photo Album.


Post a Comment

<< Home