The Cottage House Museum


The Marguerite Rogers House Museum, built by John G. Slover in the early 1900's, is located at 113 East Dumble in Alvin, Texas. In 1938 James A. and Marguerite Rogers bought the house. The Rogers' daughter, Emaline, bequeathed the property to the Alvin Museum Society in 1995. The Society restored the home and named it Marguerite Rogers House Museum, in honor of Emaline's mother.

About Us
The Marguerite Rogers House Museum is owned and operated by the Alvin Museum Society. Tours of The Cottage and Grounds are conducted by Docents by reservation only. Please call 281-331-4469 for information.

The Cottage House Museum is located at 113 East Dumble, Alvin, Texas. Admission is $3.00; for children under 12 the tour is free. Proceeds are used for maintaining The Cottage.

For more information call 281-585-2803 or email:

Home (AMS)  |   The Cottage House Museum  |   Alvin Historical Museum

Alvin Historical Museum Gift Shop  |   Contact Us

Monday, December 13, 2004

Calendar Presentation

At the November meeting of the Alvin Museum Society the 2005 Historical Calendar, "Alvin Eateries - Past and Present", was introduced. Calendars were presented to family members of several owners of the resturants featured.
Anna Kettler (r), Chairman of the Historical Calendar Committee, presents a 2005 Calendar to Jan Duke Garb (l), daughter of Frank Duke. Frank Duke owned and operated Red Arrow Cafe from 1937 to 1951.
Anna Kettler presents a 2005 calendar to Anna Esquivel Schnelle, daughter of Nilo Esquivel, Sr. who owned family operated The Mexican Village from April 1948 to November 1993.

Photos can be seen at the Cottage Museum Photo Album.


Post a Comment

<< Home